Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 12:03 AM   #9
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey&Reina View Post
I had the two solenoids confused, I was thinking the emergency start solenoid was the store/use solenoid. I checked the use/store solenoid, the picture below and I jumped the wires and still nothing. Lights work fine on SP and Gennie but not on batteries. I checked the wires on the of the switch near the door and everything is connected and nice and tight. The use/store solenoid is much cheaper but the fact that crossing the wires didn't work, I don't think it is the solenoid.
That is your USE/STORE Latching Relay.
Measure each of the large terminals voltage to ground without the generator running and without being plugged into SP.

If it is OPEN and everything else is correct then one side will read the house battery voltage and the other side will read 0 VDC.
If both sides read o VDC then the 50 amp DC breaker in the battery compartment that feeds the relay is open and needs to be reset.

If the latching relay is closed and everything else is correct then then both sides will read house battery voltage. House battery voltage should be above 12.4 VDC.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum