Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 02:49 PM   #73
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
I think outside storage will be at a premium. The 24.1 always had the largest outside storage because those twin beds provided lots of space underneath -- two large storage areas with a large slide through connecting them. I just don't see where there would any space underneath on the 24.4.

Ed, I agree the outside storage volume numbers are difficult to compare (believe) between 24.1 and 24.4 floor plans (or 24.3 for that matter), but Jamie seems to think it is adequate for his family.

I think a bigger issue for some campers/buyers is not just the total volume, but how that volume is configured/distributed. It’s easy to find a home for lots of little things, but when hauling large items, a large number of small outside compartments doesn’t help much at all.

We like to travel with bikes as an example, and prefer them stored away (not hanging off back on exposed rack). Even better is room for a tandem. Large compartments also lend themselves well to haul large cooler, a spare tire, etc.

The 24.1 is indeed best in outside storage, which may be one reason it has been most successful Axis/Vegas floor plan; but could have even more useable outside cargo space for larger items if offered with rear compartment like that of Tiffin Midas or Wayfarer.

In case of Wayfarer it’s offered both ways, with elevated beds for large rear garage, and also with flat interior floor for those who may not want interior steps. Thor could easily do the same and spin the 24.1 into a similar floor plan with bike-size rear garage that would appeal most to younger buyers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum