Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: RV Insurance
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 03:18 PM   #5
PreCambrian

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: California
THOR #27561
I just purchased a motorhome also. I used my automobile insurance company, State Farm. I also used their Emergency Road Service, it covers everything that others do and it is only $12/year. In addition the Ford E350 Super Duty Chassis came with 5 year, 60,000 mile emergency road service. I could purchase a AAA RV add on for $41/year.

After researching extended warranty options, I found that almost all of the extended warranties offered had big complaints when people tried to submit a claim. So I will use the money saved to fix the problem myself. The most expensive repairs are to the Ford Chassis itself (engine, transmission, electronics, etc.) so if I may decide to purchase the Ford Extended Warranty to make it a 6 year, 72,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty (up from the factory 3 year, 36,0000 mile bumper to bumper) for about $3,000. I think that I can fix any RV system problem myself. Probably the most expensive thing is the generator in RV systems.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum