Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: RV Insurance
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 03:42 PM   #6
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreCambrian View Post
I just purchased a motorhome also. I used my automobile insurance company, State Farm. I also used their Emergency Road Service, it covers everything that others do and it is only $12/year. In addition the Ford E350 Super Duty Chassis came with 5 year, 60,000 mile emergency road service. I could purchase a AAA RV add on for $41/year.

After researching extended warranty options, I found that almost all of the extended warranties offered had big complaints when people tried to submit a claim. So I will use the money saved to fix the problem myself. The most expensive repairs are to the Ford Chassis itself (engine, transmission, electronics, etc.) so if I may decide to purchase the Ford Extended Warranty to make it a 6 year, 72,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty (up from the factory 3 year, 36,0000 mile bumper to bumper) for about $3,000. I think that I can fix any RV system problem myself. Probably the most expensive thing is the generator in RV systems.
AAA rv does not have service in all parts of the country. Read your contract and do some research.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum