Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 10:59 AM   #5
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Have you tried different fuels?

I realize gasoline is expensive, but I have fueled up with high-test, and at times with 100% no ethanol gasoline in our: V10 2016 Outlaw.
I had usually got 8 mpg, and loaded down as low as 6 mpg. Now I have seen 10 and 11 mpg. It is not consistent, I blame it on the more expensive fuels for the better mpg, I just do not want to spend the money and time searching out the 100% gasoline all the time, if that is why the increase. Believe me, I check every fuel up, and sometimes it goes back to 7.5 mpg or something.

I also try to not drive faster than 65 mph. Keep the tires properly inflated, and wash the front end off before a trip, using a sponge mop to reach the higher part, lol.

Back 20+ years ago, driving my big old hog (motorcycle), I would use the same brand all the time, like BP, then I would stop at Marathon and fill up (always not more than 2/3 low. Then I would get better mileage. So I would switch over to find out back to the old rut of normal mpg.

I began to believe the blend of different manufacturers was why the better mpg, and that may have been, and maybe why the RV does better too.
So, I try not to be too loyal to one brand, and likewise to the octane. Seems 8 to 10 is the result.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum