Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 05:57 PM   #17
Haloed

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Wisconsin
THOR #18884
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
USE/STORE has nothing to do with the Trombetta activation wire. It's status is controlled by the Bi-directional Isolator relay Delayed (BIRD). The BIRD activates by comparing the voltages on the house Vs. chassis batteries.

I was using the USE/STORE, with/without SP, as a form of troubleshooting. So is it normal for the switch wire to be energized from time to time? I had my house batteries on a charger for a couple of days before testing. My only concern here is to try to figure out why that switch/activation wire is always energized. I see that the Yellow/Blk wire exits the BIRD and is bundled in wire loom routed towards the rear of the RV, then returns in the same loom and connects to the Trombetta. Does that wire get attached to something else before returning, like a fuse?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum