Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 04:51 PM   #1
dg0603

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: Arizona
THOR #15205
Weird situation with power and AC

So I pull the 2022 Tellaro out of the garage and on to the driveway. I figure I'll exercise the 200 Ah Lithium system. They were at 80% charge. Engine off, I start the inverter and then turn on the AC. All good.

about 3 minutes in, I turned the microwave on for 30 seconds. Big amp draw but everything is running. Says the SOC is like 72%

All of a sudden, the Balmar meter flashes a big low voltage warning. Says the SOC is ZERO. The AC is still running and the inverter says it's inverting just fine. I let this go on for another minute. I've had problems with the Balmar meter and had to do the red disconnect fix to reset it.

I shut off the AC and turn on the engine. Turn back on the AC and it's now blowing only warm air. The Balmar is starting to climb to 3% SOC.

It is now plugged back into my garage shore power and the SOC is climbing back up.

Does the AC compressor not come on if the battery charge is too low? The AC fan was running.

What caused that drop in the SOC?? I have previously had the AC running on the driveway like this for at least a couple of hours.

All thoughts appreciated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum