Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2022, 08:03 PM   #19
jawolife

Brand: Redwood
Model: 3981FK
State: Texas
THOR #20470
I have three AC on my Redwood. They are all factory installed and ducted. A friend of mine was impressed with the cooling efficiency on hot days and he was interested in putting a 3rd AC in as well. His Alpine had a roof vent in the kitchen. He had a 3rd AC put in place of the vent. Although it is a high ceiling, he uses a PVC pipe with a notch cut into it to turn the controls. Because the kitchen and living area are so close, he finds himself using the 3rd AC for more rapid cooling and he is quite happy with it. As for wiring, he has a separate cord dedicated to the 3rd AC. This cord is routed through the RV city connections area of the RV. Most RV parks have a 20 amp connection at the pedestal along with the standard 50 and/or 30 amp connection. He plugs in the RV 50 amp and the additional 20 amp for the 3rd AC.

His 3rd AC is offset to the roadside but it looks fine and does not cuase any problems.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum