Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2022, 10:40 PM   #1
robertj1961

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Spare Tire Carrier For 2022 Tellaro

Decided to add a spare tire and carrier to our Tellaro. Found a custom van builder north of Tampa Fl who has them in stock and does the installation in about an hour. The company name is Master Overland LLC and am happy with the outcome. They were able to provide the installation of the mount and a stock tire and steel rim for about $1000. All work was completed in less than an hour.
The initial concern we had was being able to use the installed Thule bike rack with both bikes after the installation. They were able to raise the rack slightly using the existing hardware and not having to drill any other holes etc. The Thule has a few settings that allow for easy adjustment that I was not aware of.
Only other cost incurred was purchasing a jack and tire tool at Harbor Freight for about $50. For anyone considering this I would highly recommend and now have the "piece of mind" of an extra tire if needed.
Only other consideration is the "park assist" which amounts to "beeps" for backing up. We honestly never had ours to work correctly anyway so nothing changed and everything works exactly as it did before. Their install included a license tag relocation kit.
I should add that I received nothing for posting this but thought it may help others considering this if located close to the Tampa Florida area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tire.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	39903  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum