Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 12:34 AM   #12
Hoovis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #28631
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM41261 View Post
Just document everything, Once you get it back and if it fails again. Let them know, if they give you the run around be polite hang up and call a attorney to start the process to replace your unit. It won't be fast probably take a year and it's a shame you have to go down this path but having worked in the corporate world sometimes this is what it takes. Basically it comes out of someone else's budget not warranty.
Thanks, GTM. This is supposed to be the final attempt to resolve the problem, which is why I'm looking for input. It is also why I'm trying to determine if this is common, or if I'm the only one. If it was very rare, maybe the liaison handling it is doing things poorly and a letter to the CEO and Board would think, "think is egregious. We need to make this right." I don't know. I know that the liaison handling this now has already verified some of my statements by checking their phone records and has told me, "I'm so sorry you have been treated this way. That is not how we train our customer service reps and 'Karen' has been reprimanded. I assure you this won't happen going forward." This liaison is very courteous, but now seems unwilling to honor their end of the agreement. It probably will take a lawyer, but I'm hoping others here might know a "nicer" tactic. (I probably shouldn't care though, anymore, based on the Magnusson-Moss Act.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
The hardest problem to fix is intermittent electrical gremlins, I would write down the circumstances of when these things happen like moving, weather, temp unless a tech can duplicate the problem it will never get fixed, my guess is it’s a wiring issue probably rubbing somewhere along the frame or where it goes into the body somewhere.
simidrm, you are correct. I've done my part as best I can, and at least four of the service shops were able to duplicate the problem. That doesn't mean they can fix it. Usually, they kick me off the lot as they can't resolve the issue and don't want me taking up a parking space. The only reason I haven't had more service appointments is because nobody would get me in. We had to remain in mild climates and my wife and I would be calling places trying to find any authorized service center that would take us within a couple months, which was usually several states away.

But I agree. My problem is the kiss of death, and my frustration is coming from the fact that even Thor seems unable and/or unwilling to resolve the issue, and yet wants me to take it back.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum