Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 02:03 AM   #9
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunderlust View Post

....cut....

The story... When I built the garage 20 years ago, Planned for a 24 x 24 with 16' x 10' garage door thinking I could park larger vehicles, including an RV of some sort in the future, fast forward, we are now looking for a short in both length and height RV. I did not consider the stairs down into the garage taking out so much space and they are smack dab in the middle of the front of the room. so we are limited to 20' deep x 10' high, unless we remodel the staircase, we could gain 6" to 12" and get up to 21' length. We are also looking into Class B Motorhomes, but not sure that would be as comfortable for us as the Thor 19G. From Specs I've found (haven't checked every year) they are 10'4" tall. So one consideration I thought Might work is a low profile A/C unit if there is enough difference to shorten the overall height to clear my garage door. (Don't think I could let enough air out of the tires to get it into the garage as is, joke).

.....cut.....
Have you also looked to see if garage door can be modified or replaced to make opening taller? If you built garage originally, you may already know if door can be replaced with say, 10’-6” as an example.

I got an estimate from a contractor to raise my garage door and cost was too high, but if I lived where I could do it myself, I would have done it already. Cost in my case was mostly labor — except for door itself.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum