Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 03:23 AM   #12
Dan-sr@perra-us.net

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
I have read my THOR manual, and they are vague of course sending you to the owners manual. Time to take out the voltmeter and check every outlet. Seems like alot of trouble to install an inverter for just the outside refrigerator. Please list what outlets have pwr when just running on inverter pwr, for the next owner asking same question.

I have installed an 1000W inverter and have one dedicated outlet for one TV and wired it into the refrigerator circuit for pwr while driving. I also labeled it so, for the next guy...the second white wire is for a night light on my table to indicate to me when the inverter is running.
According to the Schematic Thor sent me 120v circuit 5A is powered by the inverter. The outlets in this circuit are:

1. The dashboard workstation outlet.
2. The outside TV outlet.
3. The Bedroom TV outlet in overhead.
4. The outside kitchen refrigerator outlet.

I have a 50amp coach this information does not apply to a 30amp coach. So far, the only outlet in this list I have checked is the Workstation outlet and I found it had no power with shore power disconnected, generator off, and inverter on. I used an analog 120v AC "Line Monitor" that I have had for years to check. It does show power with shore power connected. I would not be surprised if it does not work with the output from the inverter.

I have not had an opportunity to do any additional investigation because of an incident with a large chunk of truck tire tread that ripped the tail pipe off the hanger and pushing the tail pipe under the rear tire causing the exhaust system to be pulled down onto the drive shaft and bending the drive shaft.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum