Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 01:09 PM   #13
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
At the recent RV show in Charlotte I had a conversation with a Forest River rep. I was seeing a lot of 12v refrigerators in new models. According to him, over the next few years, all RV’s will come supplied with 12v fridge, induction cooktop, and 12v water heater. Onboard propane will be phased out. All will have inverters and lithium based batteries with a generator.

That was kind of my point, when they start to make them ALL that way, and if I want to buy another it will be that way. I don't have to reengineer what they make today, or what I have unless the mod is simple, risk free and well within my budget ( no pay back and no up benefit to me right now).

i.e. I bought propane for the 1st time last week in over a year. My inside gauge said empty for 1st time ever; but we still had gas, meaning we never fully ran out. Since I was on the road, I got a chance to stop at a Tractor Supply Center for the 1st time. Their propane was $3.29 and I spent $25. I normally get propane for $2.29 at U Haul in Dallas. Either way, Propane is none issue to me, but I rather not have Propane in RV, but I want ALL propane does in the RV with no issues. When that day comes and I need new RV; that is what I will buy. It is akin to why I insisted on buying a RV with 2 ACs. I want what I want when I want it
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum