Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 03:52 AM   #14
Ag&Au

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratosthenes View Post
I checked her blanket and it says that it should use a max of 180 watts (per hour???). But that is on high, she would keep it on high for maybe 30 min. tops. Then she would cut it down to maybe 20% power for the rest of the night. So correct me if I am doing my math wrong:

30 minutes on high = 90 watts
3 hours at 20% = 105 watts
That leaves 5 watts left over so this might keep the blanket going for almost 4 hours according these rough calculations.
I'm going to to the math myself and see if I get the same result.
30 minutes at 180 watts = 90 watt hours.
220 Watt hours (Max) - 90 Watt hours = 130 watt hours remaining at end of 30 mins.
20% 0f 180 Watts = 36 watts
130 Watthours / 36 watts = 3.6 hours
.5 hours + 3.6 Hours =4.10 hours of sleep. (If she turns the blanket down in her sleep)

We came close enough that I convinced we're both right. So now all you have to do is convince your wife she only needs 4 hours of sleep,, or get an additional power supply to power the rest of the night. if she didn't need to do the 30 mins on high over again she could 220 Watthours / 36 watts = 6.1 hours of additional sleep.

Ken

My math is not infallible and I welcome any corrections.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum