Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 08:18 PM   #9
Bob Montgomery

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinster30 View Post
An single RV air conditioner could have trouble cooling a RV at 30 feet. You may have a 13500 BTU unit, which is the smaller of the to most common units.

Things to help. Try to park in the shade. Get the RV cold early as later in the day, it will get warm. Keep the shades down. Awning out if possible. Limit the number of trips in and out. No cooking on the stove in the heat the day.

If the air coming out of the air conditioner is 20 plus degrees cooler than the air in the RV, then it is doing all it can in most cases.
Well, I just checked the window sticker and it says I purchased a 15000 BTU in place of the 13500 BTU unit. There are no instructions in owners bag about the unit, there is a way to have the cold air come directly out of the unit instead of through the various outlets in the ceiling throughout the coach. I don't which is more efficient. Let it go through the various registers in the coach or let it come directly out of the unit in the living room area. I just know that by its self it isn't cooling the coach to my satisfaction when it is 90 or better outside. I had to run the Ford air conditioner at the same time to get the temperature down to 77, if I turned off the Ford, it went up to 83 rather quickly.

Bob

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum