Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 01:37 PM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberff View Post
The passenger side is just a little lower, not by much but the air bags really didn't level it out. this is with a full tank of water (which is on the driver side in my unit) as I mainly dry camp in the desert. I don't know if the rear trak bar I installed and /or the sway bar limit the air bags.
Many air bags (particularly when used as helpers) are installed with both sides interconnected, hence both sides get the same air pressure. If yours is that way, you will get the same amount of lifting force on both sides which won't help with leveling side to side.

Systems that can use different pressure on each side can be adjusted (manually or automatic) to level the vehicle side to side.

If sway bar was installed symmetrically, it should "help" in keeping vehicle level. It is a spring though, so it can only do so much before it flexes some.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum