Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: load weight
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 01:06 PM   #44
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Well usually you'll travel with full fresh and waste empty, or empty fresh and waste full.

I can't think of a time when I've traveled with full fresh and full waste tanks.

When I'm going somewhere I know will have full hook-up I'll even travel with about 1/3 fresh and empty waste tanks. This past weekend was electric only so we drove there with full fresh and empty waste and drove home with empty fresh and empty waste (dump station on the park exit).

The only time we weighed our 24.1 was about two weeks after we picked it up. Had it loaded with all our stuff, all 3 of us, and full fresh water. It came in at 11,400 lbs. Since then I've figured I had about 1,000 lbs to play with so I'm ok. Now that I've added jacks and some other stuff, though, I bet I'm inching up there...might even be at 12,000 lbs now LOL. (Note that the jacks I'm mentioning are just BAL scissor jacks--not power leveling jacks which would probably put us over.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum