Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 05:54 PM   #4
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
After completing our summer visits up north it is time to head home to Florida. We are slowing our progress in order to see what exact track Hurricane Matthew takes. Might know more by Monday afternoon.

Anyone else planning on hitting the sunshine state around Wednesday or Thursday?
Just got back to south Florida at noon today -- haven't seen latest weather reports yet. I know, screwed up priorities!

If it looks like it's coming our way I may just load up my parents and head back to Texas before it gets here. Provided roads don't become a parking lot.

Last time that happened to us years ago we were visiting family in south Florida and were pulling a small camping trailer. The Florida Turnpike was a mess -- took forever to get to I-10 and getting gasoline was a very slow process. It was OK but a stressful drive. Had it not been for fear of the trailer getting damaged we probably would have stayed through storm.

If anyone is thinking of leaving, they should do it as early as possible. It's a tough call though, particularly if having to travel with very old people who feel more comfortable and safe at home.

Please keep us posted. I'll also take a look at weather channel.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum