Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
GeorgiaHybrid

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
We had a Trailaire kingpin on our last fiver along with a B&W Companion hitch. Did an OK job with the pin weights it had but it would not hold air much past 2 or 3 days despite a lot of effort to find a leak. The system worked OK with pin weight that are a LOT lower than what I have now (4.5K). If your pin weights are not much over 3.5K, they work as advertised but over that, you put so much air in that single bag that they become almost a solid ball.

The next tow vehicle had a TrailerSaver hitch and was light years ahead of the TrailAir but also quite a bit more expensive. It did eliminate a lot of issues and provided a smooth ride.

Our current truck has an ET hitch and while nice, I don't think for the money that I would buy one again. Henry has a few issues that need to be fixed on his hitch and I know that I am going to modify mine to fix a few problems that I have with his design.

If you can afford one now, the TrailerSaver would be my first choice. If not, the B&W Companion with the TrailAir would be a good solid choice depending on the trailer pin weight.

Don't know about the Anderson system but I have used the other three that I mentioned with two different trailer and three tow vehicles ranging from a 1 ton dually, to an M2 class 7 truck to a purpose built Kenworth Semi class 7.

YMMV

David
GeorgiaHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum