Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 12:51 PM   #13
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
What were you expecting from the CHF? It does nothing else than making the sway bar "stiffer" (almost acts like a beefier sway bar). That means, it reduced the lean in cornering and partly the push from passing semis.

A steering stabilizer will not do anything magical either, it helps to keep the steering in a more center position. Some of that can be achieved with a front end alignment and more caster at the front end.

If you want help with the cross winds and more help with the passing semis, you should consider a track bar in the rear, and maybe in the front, too! And the next step would be the installation of either Sumo Maxim springs or air bags.
I have all that installed and am now at a point that I sometimes only realize that a semi is passing me once I see it next to me. Cross winds don' t bother that much either anymore. The days of "white knuckle" driving are over for me.

But I am still driving a truck, and the harshness of the ride over bad roads is still there. I am working on that currently. My final goal is to get a ride quality that is similar to the one that can be had with air springs (without paying the high cost for a Kelderman system which has achieved this ride quality).
I looked up the Sumo Maxim and it looks like that application could be done on front and rear? Obviously if those were utilized you would not install air bags. Did you do a Sumo system or air bags?
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum