Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 03:58 PM   #898
Kgclub

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis
State: California
THOR #4281
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Here is our storage configuration in our 2015 Vegas 24.1:

I have a large plastic container I use to store the sewer hose. This bin goes in the storage compartment under the driver's seat.

I have a second container like the one I store the sewer hose and in this second container I have a coiled white fresh water hose, pressure regulator and fresh water filler fitting. I have a smaller plastic container and store the 30 amp park electrical cable, 50 amp to 30 amp dog bone, and exterior cable tv cable. I store these two containers in the front storage compartment under the passenger seat. I have to store the small electrical storage bin vertically in front of the fresh water storage bin.

I have a small plastic container with tools, tape, sealant, WD-40, fuses, etc. in the small compartment on the passenger side directly in front of the rear wheels. I have another container same size as tool and electric cable storage containers with 1-lb propane bottles, butane lighters, table cloths, table cloth clips, and extra dog collars, leash, and toys that I store in the small compartment directly under the outside tv compartment.

In the large compartments on both sides of the rear with the pass through I have 4 canvas folding chairs, outside grill, grill tools, folding table, folding clothes basket, broom and dustpan, Thor canvas bag with RV manuals, extra water (gallon containers for coffee and 12 oz bottles for drinking, soda, extra toilet paper rolls, and extra paper towels.

Inside we use the cabinets above the couch as our pantry for canned goods, cereal and cracker boxes, food storage containers, plastic wrap and aluminum foil, and extra towels. Under the driver's side bed we store extra sheets, pillow cases, and two extra blankets. In the cabinets above both twin beds we use the first 24 inches of both cabinets for towels and wash clothes. The remainder of the cabinet space on both sides above the beds is for our clothes (wife on driver's side, me on passenger side). The rear cabinets above the beds on the back wall we use to store beach towels, and I put my CPAC in this cabinet on the passenger's side of the RV above the bed in which I sleep (I plug it in the AC receptacle under that cabinet and drop the CPAC hose out the cabinet door).

Cabinet above toilet stores toilet paper rolls, extra soap, shampoo, and creams. Cabinet under bathroom sink stores a small bottle of cleanser for the bath and the black tank deodorized/digester pods.

We use the wardrobe for our hanging clothes. We have a small bamboo 2 shelf organizer in the wardrobe we use for our toiletry bags, and other small personnel items.

In the two large drawers in the kitchen we have 1 small sauce pan, 1 small fry pan, and a small electric fry pan (top large drawer) and an electric griddle (bottom large drawer). Thus far in over 100 days of camping this year we have only ever used the electric fry pan or the electric griddle. In the 4 small drawers we have our silverware (top drawer), knives, spatulas, large spoons, etc. (2nd drawer). 2 sizes paper plates, paper bowls, paper napkins, paper cups (3rd drawer). The bottom 4th drawer is the ubiquitous "junk drawer" (flashlight, batteries, radio remote, tv remote, CD player remote).

We just got a 16 X 22 X 34" Microwave Cart from Amazon that we will place in front of the couch against the bathroom wall when the slide is out. We will place a Quisinart convection oven, an induction stove top, and the electric griddle on this cart when we are camping. We do not like using the microwave/convection oven that came with the RV in its convection mode. Here is a link to the cart: https://www.amazon.com/Whitmor-Supre...microwave+cart
Thanks so much for the info....I reallllly feel unorganized:-)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum