Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 01:38 AM   #18
K6NCX

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: California
THOR #5809
By "work" I mean doing what it is supposed to do, blower runs and warm air come out.

But now I have to confess that the last round was pilot error. It turns out that the problem was that after fueling the rig (gasoline AND propane) I hadn't turned the propane service valve back on. BUT... Some propane was getting past the closed valve!

I could hear the flame ignite, then go immediately go out. I figured it was erroneously turning off the gas flow. Now I realize that when everything was off, gas getting past the shutoff valve was bringing the line to normal line pressure, so when the furnace valve opened the plume of gas came out and was ignited but then there was no pressure in the line to maintain the plume, so the flame immediately went out.

I didn't realize what was going on until my wife said she couldn't light the stove burners. I found that I could hear the hiss of the gas when I first turned the burner on, but it soon stopped.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum