Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 09:21 PM   #15
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
The problem for those of us with smaller motor homes like the Axis is battery size. The Trojan 12v is 14.7" high and the 6v is 11.1" high - both higher than the max 10" my battery box will hold. I don't think I can fit two 6v batteries in my Axis. Has anyone ever tried? It might depend on the placement of the terminals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCreek View Post
Roughly the same depending on where you source them.
J185H-AC is $306 and a T105 is $162 at The Solar Biz Better pricing can be found for the T105 though their price on the 12V caught my attention.

Not many choices for the Axis/Vegas battery compartment for sure! I was going to swap out the GC batteries from our previous RV and discovered they were just a bit too tall. Only option I've found is lithium and I'm having a difficult time justifying the expense.

The Trojan battery catalog shows various 12-Volt AGM batteries that are under 10 inches high. I'm guessing you prefer flooded but if considering lithium, perhaps AGMs are not out of question.

For what it's worth, the Trojan representatives at Tampa show said they would have an expanded line of AGMs starting in June, which will include tall batteries like L16 size. They are not looking at lithium technology at present (according to reps), but I think they may be expanding AGM lines to better compete with lithium.

Ty, thanks for pricing information. That's a good price for a large 3 kW-hr battery.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum