Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 03:48 PM   #4
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Resistall is protection for the exterior paint - and maybe interior surfaces depending on what they offer... No real experience with it to guide you here... Look at what they cover in addition to your factory warranty by using it - maybe someone else has experience with it...

For the extended service plan (its not really a warranty - not covered by warranty laws) - there are several things to consider...
While I have no issue doing my own work - the cost of parts alone for significant RV issues can be high. And while I have done engine/tranny work in the past - not sure I would want to tackle a major job on this...

You do have a one year factory warranty - and likely longer on the powertrain (not sure what the Tuscany has in it) and I would suggest using that for now and give you a chance to see what your experience is. You can likely find an after market service plan cheaper (and some will let you pay monthly rather than 8K upfront) - and you won't be financing a 5 year plan for the entire time you are paying off the entire RV (if you are financing).

I do have an aftermarket plan - I can adjust the deductible (and therefore the premiums) to reflect the level of risk I want to take...
On my last (older RV) - I carried a $1000 deductible - and intended it as 'catastrophic' protection if I had a major powertrain failure while still owing the bank... I just picked up a plan for the current one as the ford powertrain warranty expired.

One significant difference between the factory warranty and extended service plan... While under warranty, Thor will often (when asked) be willing to send you parts to install yourself... Under the service plan, the company will typically insist a mechanic (your choice) provides the analysis, estimate, and work...

No right or wrong answer - comes down to how much work you are willing/able to do - and how much risk you are willing to take.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum