Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: House batteries
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #71
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang94@hot.rr.com View Post
ok I did replace the 2 stock batteries with 4 t125 Trojans. Installed a AMP and WATT gage with a 100 amp shunt. Drilled hole through roof right beside the fridge for all solar wiring then down into my wet bay. 4x100 watt panels here is the kit I used. ECO-WORTHY BOAT SERIES:400w(4*100W) Solar Panel with PWM 45A Charge Controller |Eco-worthy I can always add to this kit later if needed (maybe to more panels). I used 3m double sided tape to hold down in place all right side be side then rubber roofing tape around each one so wind don't get under them. Zip tied all wiring down with outdoor zip ties and hold downs. I also put in a solar off or bypass switch just incase I ever have to work on batteries. So far the batteries are more than enough to make it through the night with out the generator starting up. Panels look to be enough to charge them back up over the day with out using to much power inside during the day. A 3 day test with no shore power with only a few lights on and off through out the night, the fridge, a few times heater kicked in, water pump and TV just during sun light. The generator never came on.
Very nice results.

Shows that except for running air conditioners, traditional generators are not as necessary as they once were.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum