Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 10:34 PM   #4
wsgts

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30 FE
State: Florida
THOR #6556
A few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogday51 View Post
Great, now what have you learned during this shakedown that you can share since I have the same model? Thanks
Oh man, it's a great coach so far, this is my 4th RV, first motorhome, differences are subtle.

- the range vent exhaust is into the motorhome, not outside. This is ridiculous on any RV, going back to the dealership to get this corrected.

- the overhead television is on a kill-switch, when the engine is started, the outlet the TV is connected to goes dead, going to work to disconnect this. Kids like to play video games while on trip.

- mine has a broken television amp for the antenna (green light doesn't come on), this was working at the dealership, not now, all fuses are intact.

- there are outlets by both sides of bed in the master bedroom, the one closest to the bathroom is the same color as the wood, so we thought there wasn't one there.

- Airflow between master and the A/C seem to be constricted with the door closed, not surprising at all.

- The bunk beds televisions need to be moved over away from the outlets so the kids can use the ac outlets to charge stuff.

Going to:

- Install Vent Covers, Vent Pillows on 3 of the 4 overhead vents
- Need to get a 30 amp service on side of the house
- Going to install a removable gas grill and plumbing (probably get CW to do this)
- Wife doesn't like mattress, says too hard (I like it, but I can step on asphalt)

We forgot some much stuff, including coffee. But hey, that's why you do a shakedown trip, next time we will not forget so much.

Good luck,
T

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum