Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 12:18 AM   #19
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
All done. Here I am camping at Thor:

Here is the building where they worked on our Axis: Google Streetview (Click here).

Everything worked out today for picking up the Axis. Even the freeway closing accident I saw was on the other side of the freeway (and cleared up by the time I had to go that way).

The Thor guys are really thorough but they only go through things that you mention--keep that in mind that if you want them to look at something you have to mention it to them (just saying as I do have some minor things that could have been taken care of had they noticed but they are minor enough that I will DIY them and not pay the $100/hr Thor rate: Note that we're two years past the end of the warranty period).

The pickup process is pretty slick: The tech who worked on your coach gives you a walk through of everything they did. In my case with our leaky passenger window damaging the wall he did the following:
  • Loosened the bottom window trim to gain access to the wall
  • Open up and remove the wet wall section, examining the substructure beneath
  • Let the remaining structure dry overnight (no real damage to the wood or the aluminum framing, it was just wet; this was why I couldn't stay the night in it)
  • Bond on new wall with matching wallpaper
  • Retighten the window trim (he said that a lot of the window screws were loose so he tightened them all up--and checked the driver's window as well tightening them up too)
  • Examine all the known leak points and seal: Around both windows, where the front cap joins with the coach, all the clearance lights on top, the rear-view mirror mounts (which he found the mirror mounts were also loose)
  • In addition he said that there is also a leak point in the front wheel well where, if not sealed properly, water can get in the walls from the bottom--he sealed that up too
So at this point I think the front of our Axis is the most waterproof of any Axis/Vegas out there! (At least the ones that haven't been through this process--the invoice does say "Standard Check Procedure" so they must do this for all the units coming in complaining of a leak.)

You can't tell that anything was done there; the new panel looks identical to the undamaged one on the drivers side (granted if you know where the seams are you can tell--he pointed them out to me during the walk through).

Given this experience I cannot recommend Thor's factory service enough: If you are having issues and can make it to Wakarusa, IN don't go anywhere else!

I know if we need any other major work done this will be the first place I think of for doing it...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum