Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 12:37 PM   #69
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Repowering the stereo to the house battery is one of my future projects as well. Just have not gotten around to it. Funny, when I retired, I thought I'd have all this time on my hands... but just the opposite.

Doing nothing is a full time job!

Anyway, at least on my rig, the house battery already appears under the dash (emergency start switch) as well as at the solenoid in the engine compartment.

I am not sure which place I want to connect it to. It would be easier to connect it to the switch, but depending on the wire size and length, it may not be sufficient to power the stereo without dropping the voltage.

For certain, I could hook it to the house side of the emergency solenoid, but then I'd have to fuse it at that point - which might not be that hard to do and is likely the source I will use.

Either way, beats running a wire all the way back to the house batteries.

I would assume you also have an emergency start switch in your dash.

Odd though that your rigs stereos are powered by the engine battery. In 2013 Thor changed the wiring scheme on the Class Cs from being powered by the engine battery to being powered by the house battery, so why they still wired the Axis coaches using the old method is odd.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum