Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 08:14 PM   #1
TxTig

Model: Challenger LX
State: Arkansas
THOR #6651
Another Texas Newbie

Hi. Just joined the forum. Wife and I are recently retired and ready to start RV'ing (just starting to shop for a MH). We've got two family reunions (hers and mine) scheduled for this summer on back to back weeks in Illinois and Michigan and would love to do it in our new RV. We haven't owned an RV in quite a long time. Our last (and only) was a Rockwood Pop-up back when our kids were young (they're grown and on their own now).

We've been looking at used motorhomes and are currently interested in either a Thor Hurricane or Challenger (34'-36'). Looking at some low mileage 2015 and 2016 models. We like these particular models based on the bath and 1/2 floor plan with washer/dryer prep. We can see ourselves doing trips for 4 to 6 weeks at time. Maybe even longer if it weren't for our two new grandkids (Grandma couldn't stand to be one from them longer than that.)

Anyways, I'm glad to be here and hope to learn a lot from the experienced folks on this forum. I'd love to get some feedback, good or bad, from any current owners of these models of RV's.

Thanks in advance.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum