Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 02:51 AM   #5
AZEddie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Arizona
THOR #4868
Not sure what I need

We've only had our rig a year and have not been boondocking yet, so don't really know what our solar needs are this early in the game. My thought is just to charge batteries and watch a little TV and maybe run an appliance or two. Nothing too hard-core. I would prefer a fixed install over portable though to avoid having to set up something else.

I need to do an assessment of the equipment I intend to run so that I know what size inverter to get. I don't plan on trying to run the A/C off solar, that would just be crazy. Hoping I can get by with a 300-600 watt inverter, not only for cost, but you don't want your batteries to discharge below 50%, and the solar would need to keep up with the drain.

Still lots of homework and forum surfing to get more educated on the whole solar thing. I've watched YouTube videos and they make it look simple because you're seeing it all installed and working. You don't see what went into all that to get it all working!

For now at least I'll put my trust in the generator!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum