Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 12:22 AM   #5
Druff

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2019 Coachman Catalina
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5432
Just had to replace the converter in our 2016 Chateau(1 year and 3 wks old). It was already losing power only putting out around 12.2v. I just slid the old converter out of the panel box below the breakers, cut the wires. Then I cut out the back of the box to give more room and installed an intellipower converter deck model in its place. Just took the power wires and wired a female socket to plug it in. Then hooked up the 12v wires and slid it back in the box. Then put two screws into the slots on the converter into the bottom of the box to hold it in place. I ran the control module into the breaker box so I could see it.

I had this converter form my 5th wheel. The WFCO one in there went out shortly after the one year warranty. I bought this one and sent the WFCO one back to factory for repair. They give a two year warranty but you have to send it to them and it took about 3 months to get back. When I traded the 5th wheel in, I took out my good one and put the repaired one back in. good thing now I didn't have to buy one.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum