Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 11:26 PM   #1
davidgebo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
Vegas driveline issue

Our 2014 Vegas 24.1 started exhibiting vibration through the driveline after about 2000 miles. We went to the local Ford dealer that was able to accommodate motorhomes on a heavy duty lift. I was told that the driveshaft has been modified by Thor, and the problem could not be addressed by the Ford warranty. I was further informed that the modification would seriously shorten the driveline life expectancy, and fail well before it should. I at once e-mailed Thor customer service, and was quickly called on the phone. The Thor rep stated that the Ford tech didn't know what he was talking about, as Thor does not alter, or modify the driveline in any way. Nonetheless, when our coach was in for its final warranty issues at Camping World, St. Augustine, they wisely brought the motorhome next door to the Bozard Ford dealership service department, for a quick check of the driveline vibration. They, too, discovered the vibration, and the altered driveshaft. At that time, another Vegas came in to their service department for the identical complaint. I, again contacted Thor customer service, the same individual who was kind enough to give me his name, e-mail address, and phone number and extension. This is the same rep who denied any driveline mods. He said, that yes, indeed Thor had the driveshaft modified by More-ride, and we were instructed to take the coach to a Mor-ride service center. I refused to do this, as it is not my responsibility to drive all over the countryside chasing warranty work. It costs a lot money to drive anywhere in a motorhome, and we have spent over 800 miles, and a ton of gas money doing this. The Ford dealer was gracious enough to do the contact work with Mor-ride, and coordinate with them, and Thor, to expedite the repairs. As yet, the problem is not resolved, but the next week will tell the tale. If you have an Axis/Vegas, 24.1 and experience driveline vibration, this is the reason.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum