Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 01:44 AM   #1335
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
For the power problem: On the inside of the coach where the outside TV is pull out drawers, open access panels, etc. I bet you'll find an outlet--it may just be laying on the floor.

On our Axis, which doesn't have the outside TV, I had all the kitchen drawers out and found the outside TV outlet laying on the floor--I guess once they figured out that they weren't going to install an outside TV on our unit they just left the plug there (all wired up to 120V!).

Thanks Jamie.

Went out to the motorhome and found the plug on my first try. So 29m owners the power supply to the outside tv is in the bathroom behind the left shelf below the counter. No plates/wallboard to remove. There is a 4-5 inch gap above the shelf wall. In fact you can see the entrance hole for cables and power cord. There are also 2 coax cables in there. One for the outside tv goes up the wall most likely toward above storage area and antenna. The other goes down the wall. I'll assume this runs under the floor then up the wall to the bedroom tv.

Lots of other small gauge wires visible in the wall.

This might be a access point to run the satellite cable to the outside tv. Might be possible to run the cable through the overhead cabinet to towards the bathroom wall. drill a hole in the wall, might have to go several inches, then feed it down.

Scary part is drilling that hole. Don't want to hit any wires. The cabin et and wall is pretty thin. Might be able to cut a small hole with a razor and small knife to see if it can be accessed.

Thanks again Jamie and everyone else your help is appreciated

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum