Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 12:49 PM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Thats a misleading ad if I ever saw one. It suggests to me that for $103,000 I could buy a 21' class A motor home that sleeps 1. Sure wouldn't get me to the RV lot.
I think you hit on the real issue -- price.

If $103,000 was MSRP, then it could sell for around $70k, in same range as Axis and Vegas of a couple of years ago. That would actually compete favorably on price with many Class Bs, which are the fastest growing segment in motorized RVs.

Because of the way motorhomes are built from the inside out (except Class Bs), I expect Thor could build a 21-foot Class A with similar content as a Class B for less cost. The result could be many of the advantages of a "B" with added space, particularly in outside storage.

It's a price shocker when you start looking at some of the newer Class Bs which are more expensive than much larger Class As. A simple, light, fuel-efficient and inexpensive Class A may be what they need to slow Bs and Cs stealing market share from As.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum