Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 04:50 AM   #1
mlhamm

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #7805
Going Full Time in a Year

I'm Larry and my wife is Maureen. We looked into RVing a lot about 20 years ago. I was just retired from the Army and was back in school to become a teacher. We kind of let go of the RV idea until this last April when we got a call from an old friend whom we hadn't heard from for about 13 years. He and his wife had retired and were full time RVers. Spent an evening with them and decided it was time for us to do it.

Our plan is for me to retire July 2018 and spend this next year looking for a good used motorhome, get rid of our stuff, and sell the house. Well, we take possession of a 2013 40ft Thor Tuscany this Wednesday, so part of the plan is done.

We are so looking forward to getting on the road. We'll be able to use this year to get the Thor ready and take on a number of shake down cruises.

Look forward to any and all advice from all of you out there.

Maureen & Larry

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum