Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Satellite tv
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 01:42 PM   #6
Tom Bowe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 32n
State: Georgia
THOR #2983
We have the Tailgater and it functions well. It is nice to be able to park in the shade and put the antenna where it can see the satellites. But, with the dish down near ground level instead of the roof, it is more susceptible to being blocked by bushes, the RV next door, etc. We had the Winegard Traveler on out last coach when we full-timed. It was great but we couldn't justify the cost for the occasional use on our latest coach.

Having said all that, I hate the Dish VP-411 receiver. The user interface is crude, seems like 1990s technology and often I have to restart it several times to get it to properly start up. (That may just be my unit.). With Dish your receiver won't get your subscribed channels if it has not been connected for few weeks. You need to call customer support today get it enabled.

In short, the Wingard Traveler with DirecTv is the best combo for HDTV, but the only way to get HDTV cheaply is Dish unless you want to setup a tripod and aim the antenna yourself.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum