Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 12:54 PM   #32
XKANSAN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Arizona
THOR #8050
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrV View Post
That is what we did immediately on our 2015 30.2. We had a 29 footer before and no way could that keep cool, so we knew going longer would only make things worse. We did not want the expense of upgrading service panel and generator, so we can only run the main unit with the generator, but we can run both with onshore power. We carry a 50A to 30A & 20A splitter to run them both from a 50 amp, or can use a 30A and the 110 receptacle on the electric post. That second unit has been a lifesaver.

It sounds like you might have purchased a unit ordered for rental, but never put in service, instead of the regular model, thus the missing upgrades.
You're exactly right. We went to the dealership yesterday afternoon and discussed the situation with the sales manager and service manager. It was intended for rental use...hence bare bones. On the bright side.. it is indeed a 2017. They are going to re-test the A/C again and call me this morning. Their first suggestion, if everything checks out OK, is to upgrade the A/C to 15k btu. I am good with that option, but am going to try to hold their feet to the fire to do this at no expense to me. I am using the Thor 2017 brochure as leverage because it states the larger unit as standard equipment. The awning and external TV were pointed out at time of purchase, as were the jacks, but the jacks were included in as a condition of the sale.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum