Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 09:03 PM   #1660
churd9

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
THOR #6481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Busy morning. Jerry, here is how I did the grommet for the dash cover. I used an 1 3/4" grommet I got from Lowes, cut out a section and wedged it in place, did the same for the small section I cut from the inner dash. I thought I might have to use glue but it stayed in place.
Attachment 5496

Here is a picture of my "Command Center" (eat my dust Dino, lol)! I like having everything in easy sight so I don't have to take my eyes off the road.
Attachment 5497

Since I have a lot of devices I have wiring everywhere. I bought this multi plug from Amazon which has USB and 12v, it has an on/off button and a digital voltage readout. I mounted it under the dash cover and ran all my accessory wires thru the same grommet as the new monitor.
Attachment 5498

Attachment 5499

Attachment 5500

Better check your state laws but the cams that were installed on your mirrors and wired to the dash radios are intended for backing not for use while driving down the road. The trucking industry has tried to get dot to let them use then so that they can make there trucks aerodynamic but they have not allowed them to....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum