Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 07:39 PM   #17
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Based on your description in original post, this is what I'd do. It's about as simple as it gets. This is from Xantrex if I recall correctly but will apply with any brand inverter.

You can take power from an unused 20-Amp breaker or install new one in unused slot, and run it to the new inverter with built-in transfer switch. That way when on generator or shore power, inverter is automatically by-passed.

I'd try to find a place for the AC load panel where wiring from circuits being powered by inverter don't have to be spliced if possible.

Note: If wired like this using a 20-Amp breaker to feed inverter's transfer switch, the total of all outlets downstream connected to inverter will be limited to 20 Amps. Hence, if someone turned on a hairdryer in bathroom and someone else a coffeee maker in kitchen, it will likely trip the breaker feeding the inverter.

Just mentioning this in case you want to be selective on which outlets you connect through inverter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5273.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	5520  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum