Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #4
ComputerChips

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Virginia
THOR #7607
Since you have a 30 amp model surge protector, its male input plug will only fit a 30 amp female receptacle provided by the adapter (in your scenario).
Each of the different amperage and or voltage levels for the plugs/receptacles uses a different configuration of its prongs so that you can only plug the correctly rated cord into the correctly rated receptacle.
Some of the surge protectors will not only protect you from surges but will also protect you from incorrect supply voltages, miswired receptacles, missing ground or neutral connections, etc.
You never know what you are are going to get in some RV parks.
I stayed at a park and some of our kids we saying they felt a shock when they opened the door to come in. At first I didn't see how that was possible, I wasn't getting shocked, then I realized they were barefoot. Our rig was new so I didn't know if we had a problem or the park. We were leaving so once I disconnected everything I took my voltmeter to the pedestal and I measured 110vac when touching the leads to the parks waterpipe and the parks electric cabinet! That told me the metal box was energized. It should have been grounded. ALL metal electric cabinets or boxes are supposed to be grounded to keep it safe to touch. To make sure the breaker will trip if a live wire comes in contact with it. I called the park to inform them of what I had discovered so that they could have it fixed before someone gets hurt. It could have been just my pedestal or a whole string of pedistals that were incorrectly hooked up at the main elecyric supply equipment.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum