Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 09:07 PM   #35
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
More experimenting...

Since regular household foil wouldn't really stand up on the side of the tank I went out to the home improvement store and picked up a 12" x 1" strap, and a 12" x 12" piece of steel.
The strap worked quite well but I really didn't have the resolution that I wanted (makes sense since its surface area is smaller it has less capacitance). The 12" X 12" piece of steel worked identically to the foil (which was also 12" x 12"). Another thing to figure out: The best way to stick the plate to the side of the black tank? Epoxy?
I did discover, though, that I could not power up the circuit with the plate connected to the output pin when the tank was full. For some reason it wouldn't read properly in that state. Disconnecting the plate and reconnecting (unclipping the alligator clip) would restore the proper values.
To have the circuit handle this I may use a small 5V reed relay.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum