Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 05:16 PM   #1
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Toilet not holding water?

Looking around the net (and on ) it would appear that the gasket around the flush ball in our Thetford toilet is a consumable. Thus after 3-4 years it needs replacing (note that none of our prior RVs ever had this issue--we had our 5er for over 10 years and never needed to fix the toilet; perhaps we were lucky).

Over the past few trips I noticed our toilet would no longer hold water in the bowl for any length of time. Sigh, I put in an order for a wasteball kit (Amazon) and resigned myself to do the repair.

Turns out it isn't that bad of a job--other than you're working on the toilet of course. Just like in the video I linked above: Remove the two nuts at the base to remove the toilet (there is no way you can get a wrench behind it, at least in our Axis), unscrew the water supply (make sure there is no pressure ), lift the toilet off the base, unscrew the two bolts at the back in the recess, disconnect the lower water hose, turn the toilet 1/4 turn or so against the base and it pops off. Replace the gasket and put everything back together.

You can see the procedure in the video above.

Ready to go for the next adventure, and now I have to thoroughly wash my hands--about a dozen times LOL.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum