Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 08:05 PM   #11
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z View Post
I'll let others that own a Hurricane comment further.
I specifically purchased a new "entry level" Hurricane because I really liked the floorplan, (34E for the kids and I), the price was ridiculously good, (after receiving bids from dealerships all over the country), and I like absolutely new, never lived-in RVs.

I have had some minor issues covered under warranty with the 2014 Hurricane, my third motorhome. The biggest things were the slide mechanisms for the drop-down bunk that were replaced, and the entry steps. I had trivial things like the jewel logo sticker near the entry door, an air mattress, and curtains replaced. But no big plumbing, electrical, woodwork, chassis, or appliance issues commonly found on these RV message boards, (I just knocked on some wood).

However, I have had much bigger issues with other brands of motorhomes, (Fleetwood, and Winnebago) during their warranty period. The Winnebago Vista has it's transmission replaced. The Fleetwood Pace Arrow needed extensive kitchen cabinet work, and a new rear cap, (that almost fell off hundreds of miles from anywhere).

The entire RV industry relies on the warranty period to get everything straight, with all brands, all models, all types of RVs.

If you enjoy having something absolutely new, understand depreciation, and do not mind working out the kinks yourself, or scheduling warranty work, then a new motorhome is for you.

If you want to forego the biggest depreciation hit, and want everything working, buy a used one or two year old RV, (this applies to ALL, not just motorhomes).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum