Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 08:31 PM   #11
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by davepetroski View Post
So I ordered a Coleman 13.5 PS and installed it in the bedroom of my 30.2. Getting the wiring in was a bear but its done now and I'm thrilled to have it. I ran the power (10-2) concealed to a boat style receptacle next to the generator. Now while at a campground we can use it for extra cooling or electric heat in the winter months. I know the existing generator cannot power both however we have a small Honda 2000 that I can bring along as required. Most of the time we will have shore power to use. I really wish Thor would have pre-wired the bedroom for an AC. Seriously how hard could that be during manufacture??

....cut.....
Nice job.

Just curious if you plan to power the 13,500 Power Saver with the 2000-watt Honda? I've seen a few reports of 11,000 BTU/hr PS A/Cs run from a small 2000 Honda, but don't recall a 13,500 PS size. Granted, the 13,500 doesn't pull that much more power than the 11,000.

If it could run on a 2000-watt generator, how far off would you be from running two A/Cs from 4,000 watt generator provided nothing else is on? It's interesting that Onan rates the 2800 watt generator to power a 13,500 PS plus 600-watt base load with an additional 300 watts available.

I've been interested in Hondas powering A/Cs because some vans that don't have built-in generators often rely on 2000s as needed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum