Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #1
rick kirby

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
Hood won't stay closed

I have a 2017 Challenger 37YT and the hood won't stay shut as long as the struts are hooked up. The hood popped open the day I brought it home, so I unhooked the struts and bungeed the hook . I added it to the repair list. Took the coach back to the dealer and all seemed fine afterwards with no incidents with the hood. I went to check to oil and low and behold the tech removed them !
I had to return the coach for a couple more repairs and I asked him what good reason would the tech have for removing the struts completely because obviously they were originally installed at the build. It confused him also so he had another pair put back on.
On the trip home, up comes the hood again.
I called General and told them that the dog ears on the latches obviously weren't long enough to stay inside the slot brackets. He said they have a machine shop Down the road and they'd have some longer one made up.
I told him from the first incident that was the solution but the tech ignored it.
Looks like I unhook the struts again because really, who needs the excitement of a hood coming up in heavy traffic driving a 24,000 motor home down the road ?

A lot of unhappy customers in the waiting room waiting for stupid repairs that should've been caught before sending it down the road. ( leaking holding tanks, drain traps not hooked up, burned out lighting etc)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum