Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 05:33 PM   #22
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredman View Post
within, the total Class A numbers, I suspect/guess/opinion, is that some of the companies who have recently achieved or maintained an industry reputation of providing a better quality product (including Tiffin and Newmar) may experience production increases that challenge their ability to provide the quality levels associated with slower production rates relative to what their manufacturing infrastructure can provide.

I think the industry would benefit more long term with higher prices, lower demand, and lower build numbers. Complaining on the internet will never provide the same results as electing not to purchase.
My sister has a four or five year old Tiffen (bought new), I'm guessing it's been back to Red Bay no less than 7 or 8 times for major repairs. It's being covered out of warranty due the problems being so extensive. Areas that were were supposed to have foam insulation that has none. Multiple times had to take most of the interior out to address major defects and some of those are still compromises because the fixes would be worse than the problem.

In their case, the old man had stepped away from the business and apparently the son let quality go to crap, so hopefully they are back to making a quality unit again.

But, they also just revised their policy, saying they are cutting off free out of warranty work at four years. They are both covering things past warranty (a credit to them) due to all the manufacturing defects, and cutting them off at a year, because their service department is overwhelmed dealing with all the manufacturing defects.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum