Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 09:31 PM   #8
Fid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #3851
Thanks for the responses. I will be comfortable with using the Michelin Tire Pressure tables.

As far as weighing each corner, yes I was aware that CAT says that they do not allow weighing with two tires off the platform and two on. According to their website, it is to "prevent damage to your vehicle as well as our scales" (see Motorhome section here).

However, I had heard that other had done this all four corner weight successfully on the CAT scales so I decided to give it a try.

Yes the cross brace that holds up the CAT Scale sign is in the way but I was able to put the driver's side wheels off the scale on the concrete area between the scale and the yellow curb and pull forward far enough to just get my front right wheel on the front axle weight plate of the scale. My right rear wheel was on the trailer plate of the scale with nothing on the rear axle plate of the scale. If you have a shorter RV your rear tire will probably be on the rear axle plate of the scale.

I pulled up to the cross brace post as far as I could go to get my wheels in the positions I just described. After the weight, I was not able to pull through the scales without backing up first, so I had to remove my toad from the RV before I did this weight so I could back up the RV.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum