Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 10:32 PM   #1
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Some ACE questions

Ok, since I've recently jumped ship from the Vegas to an ACE on my order, I find myself with some questions. A few things I forgot to look at when I checked out the 30.3 floor plan before switching my order to it.

So, here goes:

1. Where is the generator exhaust on the 30.3. On the Vegas and class C's, you always see an exhaust pipe sticking out. I had planned to look closer for it when I was checking it out at Camping World but it was a 100* and after multiple trips back inside and being drenched in sweat, I forgot.

2. While the holding tanks are supposed to be in heated compartments (vs. heating pads on the Vegas), I noticed there are water lines running through the storage compartments feeding the outdoor kitchen (the storage compartment to the right of the outdoor kitchen at minimum). Is there furnace heat blown into the compartments with exposed water pipes (pex tubing) or only where the holding tanks are? If they aren't heated, is there an accessible inside point where a shutoff valve for the outside sink can be installed and disabled in winter months?

3. When you get the 50amp service and second AC unit, am I correct that you lose the attic fan in the bedroom?

4. Is there any HDMI video distribution to TVs? The Vegas had a couple cabinets (one over sink and one over bed I believe) with HDMI cables that fed TVs. I'm going to want to hook up a media streamer and had hoped to do one and not one per TV as we will rarely, if ever, need to watch different things on different TVs.

5. I know in the wet bay where the water pump is, in a Thor video I watched the rep mentioned an air hookup. Is that used to blow out the lines when winterizing or for something else (it was right above the water filter)?

6. Anyone found a good, simple way to install a Sirius Antenna on the inside (like in that cave man brow over the window) without running a wire outside?

7. Last thing I can think of is about the door lock. After reading far too many "locked out of my Vegas" posts due to the plastic piece in the lock breaking, I had already decided to either buy the upgraded version with metal innards or one of the electronic locks if they are reliable. Does the ACE have the same flimsy plastic parts on the inside of the lock? Is there a good replacement mechanical or electronic lock?

Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum