Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #54
RVCampingNut

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgr1930 View Post
I have a 2016 34.3 this being are second time to use it and the full wall slide only will go out 8' or so and stops then it will retract and both sides are even.
Thor thinks it is the "T" handles that are under the slide for the purpose of safety but one maybe touching something it should not . The only way to see is have the slide manually moved out and check under it . I called the factory for Schwintek and they had me check the control box which was reading motor one short circuit ? Yet the slide moves evenly in and out but only 8".
I took it to camping world but was wondering if anyone else has had this happen with the "T" handle issue if that is what it really is ? Schwintek thought it could also be a wire that is shorting out but I would think the unit would just stop and not beable to retract or try to go back out ?
Thanks
Milo
Motor 1 short circuit. I have a 2017 37LX and just had warranty work done on it because my slide would go in and out but the controller showed "motor 1 short circuit". After they replaced the motor, slide rails (motor was apparently mounted slightly off center), and insulation, about 4 days later into my trip and the slide failed to go out all the way. I called to have the dealer in MD look at it (warranty work was done on a trip passing through Elkhart,IN) but they could not get me in for 2 months and I have trip plans.

I decided to go about fixing it myself. As it turned out, the wiring connector from the motor to the coach had the connecting pins pushed in too far (on motor side). I used a pair of pliers and carefully pulled all the pins so they were straight and aligned. Then carefully put it back into the coach end connector. I tested it several times over the course of 4 days and not once has the controller reported the error on motor 1. Everything worked as it was supposed to. I would try to take a look at that and see if the pins are pushed in too far and not making a good connection.

Next on my list is figuring out where the short is on my headlights. I found the wiring harness causing the issue, but it started to rain and I had to stop. There are about 5-7 splices in the wiring harness going from one side of the coach to the other. I mean really? You couldn't use one freaking piece of wire but it looks like pieces of scraps were spliced together just to connect the lighting in the front.
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum