Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 04:04 PM   #48
petew

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
Good question Mike. Maybe there is a legal beagle or savvy person on the forum with a defective lock that can pursue getting a good replacement. Trimark charging for a fix it kit does not set well with me.
Just got off the phone with a Thor customer service rep .
We discussed the lock issue of which she was aware . What she told me is "if it breaks Thor will replace free of charge"
I explained to her the potential dangers here if there was a fire during the night
and that lock broke .
I further advised her that apparently Winnebago was replacing those locks before they broke and asked if Thor would do the same .
She said no , they will only replace them if they break.

She was then kind enough to remind me of the emergency exit (window)at the rear of the coach which could be used in case of fire.

I am a retired cop and over my 33 year career I saw bodies lying by locked doors after a fire , killed because they were trapped and could not get out.

I will pay the $141.00 to protect myself and my family but shame on Thor for not being willing to do the right thing.

Pete

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum